Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Music with Phlegmmy.

My bride and I went to visit LawDog and Phlegmmy, and we all found ourselves cruising about in Phlegmmy's car. She had a nifty stereo in her vehicle that synched up with her SuperDooperPhone, so that we listened to her collection of music while we drove about. At one point I asked what the band was, and when she explained that it was Tones On Tail, I inquired if she had "Slender Fungus." She was shocked that I was familiar with the song, and queued it up right away.

How could I have forgotten the only song that I have ever heard that used the sound of someone hocking up a loogey as part of the music?

When a train passed, Phlegmmy wondered aloud something. My hearing being so bad, I didn't hear her, and asked her to repeat it. Finally, I realized that she was wondering if the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad was still in business.

I could only give her two verses of the song* before I ran out of steam.

I'm tickled to surprise my friends with my musical variety.

_________________________________________________
*Though perhaps you're a fan of the Johnny Mercer version? Or Judy Garland's version?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:11:00 AM, Blogger Larry said...

The AT&SF merged with the Burlington Northern to become the BNSF. Some of their locos now wear a very distinctive orange and green paint scheme.
So now you know the answer to that question, at least...

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:35:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Glad y'all had fun!

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:36:00 AM, Blogger Tam said...

I'm still kinda bummed that the recording levels of my Allen Wayne Damron tunes were all buggered. :(

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.