Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, June 20, 2011

The connections

I keep pointing this out, because it's so damned amazing: most of my friends I know because of modern communications.

I believe in my friends' willpower and intense dedication to do right, and to come together, sometimes to do great things, and sometimes just to have great times. All because they moved some pixels around on a screen, hit SEND, and caused some pixels to move around on other person's screens.

I converse with extremely smart people on a fairly regular basis, with no other passcode or birthright than that I send them an email and they write back. How amazing. I've been doing this for a quarter of a century.

See now the brief lecture of Jim Gilliam, who had the same epiphany but on a MUCH more significant level. While I may owe my social life to the Internet, Jim owes his physical life to it.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, June 20, 2011 6:36:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

He's amazing! I sometimes refer to my internet friends and my "imaginary friends," because some of my "physical" friends just don't get it. If they only knew the real me...

 
At Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:18:00 PM, Anonymous WROlsen said...

You continue to amaze me with the scope of your questioning mind. Thanks for letting me share in your interest.

 
At Friday, June 24, 2011 7:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Matt, what a great post.

Al T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.