Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Battle of the 'bots.

You may recall a certain nifty washing machine that I geeked out over, a year or two ago. It does a GREAT job. It washes the heck outta my clothes, and centrifuges them dry enough that the dry cycle takes less time. It uses less soap. It just... it generally makes me happy.

But there are times when operator error in its use makes me unhappy.

Like, say, when I hurridly last night gathered up clothes for a wash and picked up my wife's jeans where she had shed them in the dark, and washed her iPhone.

It's a really clean paperweight, now. I've accepted that it will NEVER work again.

I just got off the phone the most Apple-icious guy I know. I have gone complete through denial, still feeling rage, sadness, and am going through my bargaining phase.

So, 18 year old phone. What's my best solution to get my wife back into a Genius Bar?

I am in soooo much trouble, right now.

I was just doing a little laundry in the dark.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Saturday, November 20, 2010 4:52:00 PM, Blogger Mulligan said...

i've been told electronics will work after washing once they are completely dry.

i've not tested anything pricey but keyboards and mice will go thru the dishwasher more or less intact.

however this might have something to do with not having a battery and being completely off during the washing part.

good luck

 
At Saturday, November 20, 2010 9:42:00 PM, Blogger Zdogk9 said...

No man's ever been shot while doing the dishes, After doing the wife's laundry, well now?

 
At Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:35:00 PM, Blogger Buffboy said...

Do what Mulligan says. I know of cell phones fished out of some very, not nice, wet places that worked just fine after being thoroughly dried out. Take the battery out, make sure it doesn't have soap residue in it or in other words if you suspect there is, go ahead and rinse it again(don't use the washer). Let it dry over a couple days, charge, then put the battery back in and hit the power button. Worse thing that could happen is: it won't work. Oddly enough, they usually do.

 
At Wednesday, December 01, 2010 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

My sister-in-law immersed her iPhone for several minutes one time. She dried it off as best she could, then put it in a container filled with uncooked rice for a couple of days. Came right back. Might be worth a try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.