Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Memorial Day starts right now.

Today I'll run the family over to my partner's in-laws' place. From what I've been told, skeet-shooting, horseback riding, and bass-fishing, swimming, and barbecue are promised. My girls are stoked. My partner, an accomplished wine connoisseur, promises to break into the Good Stuff before the evening is through.

Sadly, this means that I'm going to have to miss the weekend night shoot match put on by our local Larger P.D. Some burdens must be borne.
_ _ _
In the meantime, please remember the meaning of Memorial Day Weekend, which I guess started yesterday. Remember that good men died so that we might live free.

Men like Lt. John W. Finn (Rtd.), who won a Medal Of Honor defending Pearl Harbor while my parents' parents were just kids. Lt. Finn passed away 05/27/2010.

"Thus evermore shall rise to thee
Glad hymns of praise from land and sea."

Fair seas, Lieutenant Finn.

"Lt. Finn said he found his occupation peaceful, and above all was pleased to have 'a place to ride my motorcycle, shoot my guns on my own property, and collect my junk.'"

Sounds like Lt. Finn found heaven on Earth at his 93 acre ranch outside San Diego, before dying at 100 years of age.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Saturday, May 29, 2010 7:51:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

You are correct Matt, this day is about those who did not return... RIP LT Finn, you did your job and MORE... RIP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.