Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, October 23, 2009

"Now THAT would be something to go out on..."

From my favorite movie:
Gummere: [uneasily] You realize, of course, that if we fail in even the slightest way, we'll all be killed?
Adm. Chadwick: Yes, and the whole world will probably go to war.
Capt. Jerome, USMC: Gentlemen, if we fail and are killed, I certainly hope the world DOES go to war! [raises glass as a toast]
Adm. Chadwick: The world at war!
Gummere: A world war? Now THAT would be something to go out on...
You know, if I've got to shuffle off my mortal coils earlier than I currently plan to, then I rather hope it's on a slow news day, and makes the news scrawl. Hey, if I've got to suffer through an early death, then you have to suffer through the retelling of it.

I just pray that my last acts are judged to be noble, and that they are not witnessed and triggered by a murderous semi-tame dancing skating bear.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, October 23, 2009 4:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received a DVD player a few years ago and that was the first movie I purchased. Good thing there wasn't a speed loader for that Webley or it may have been a short movie.

Frankly, I see you checking out in a bed surrounded by heaps of kin and grand-kids myself. At least I hope so. :)

W?V - teobaine - substance you carry to keep members of the Jackson Five at bay.

 
At Friday, October 23, 2009 11:53:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Hey, Anonymous? That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me, all week. May peace be with you, friend.

 
At Monday, November 30, 2009 7:59:00 PM, Blogger Groggy Dundee said...

You are a very dangerous man, Captain, and your President Roosevelt is mad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.