Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine.

Friday, October 23, 2009

"Now THAT would be something to go out on..."

From my favorite movie:
Gummere: [uneasily] You realize, of course, that if we fail in even the slightest way, we'll all be killed?
Adm. Chadwick: Yes, and the whole world will probably go to war.
Capt. Jerome, USMC: Gentlemen, if we fail and are killed, I certainly hope the world DOES go to war! [raises glass as a toast]
Adm. Chadwick: The world at war!
Gummere: A world war? Now THAT would be something to go out on...
You know, if I've got to shuffle off my mortal coils earlier than I currently plan to, then I rather hope it's on a slow news day, and makes the news scrawl. Hey, if I've got to suffer through an early death, then you have to suffer through the retelling of it.

I just pray that my last acts are judged to be noble, and that they are not witnessed and triggered by a murderous semi-tame dancing skating bear.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, October 23, 2009 4:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received a DVD player a few years ago and that was the first movie I purchased. Good thing there wasn't a speed loader for that Webley or it may have been a short movie.

Frankly, I see you checking out in a bed surrounded by heaps of kin and grand-kids myself. At least I hope so. :)

W?V - teobaine - substance you carry to keep members of the Jackson Five at bay.

 
At Friday, October 23, 2009 11:53:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Hey, Anonymous? That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me, all week. May peace be with you, friend.

 
At Monday, November 30, 2009 7:59:00 PM, Blogger Groggy Dundee said...

You are a very dangerous man, Captain, and your President Roosevelt is mad!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.