Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I had dinner last night with some of my favorite people.

John Shirley, for one. My mother, for another. Then I had my wife and my two girls at the table all at once, which is lately a bit too rare a circumstance. We had my Carribean grilled chicken with plaintains red bananas and rice with green salad and assorted beverages of interest. We talked long and walked a bit.

My mom especially liked John more than a little bit. I had thought that she would, and was glad to be there while they made each other's meatspace acquaintance. My home was honored by his presence, and I hope that he'll allow me to host him again.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:32:00 PM, Blogger The Lily said...

Y'all are nothing but trouble when y'all get together, spoon. Entertaining, but trouble nonetheless.

 
At Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:01:00 PM, Blogger Brigid said...

John is one of the good ones. Hope he gets up to grace the table around here one of these years.

 
At Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:38:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

John is a good guy! So are y'all :-)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.