Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I had dinner last night with some of my favorite people.

John Shirley, for one. My mother, for another. Then I had my wife and my two girls at the table all at once, which is lately a bit too rare a circumstance. We had my Carribean grilled chicken with plaintains red bananas and rice with green salad and assorted beverages of interest. We talked long and walked a bit.

My mom especially liked John more than a little bit. I had thought that she would, and was glad to be there while they made each other's meatspace acquaintance. My home was honored by his presence, and I hope that he'll allow me to host him again.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:32:00 PM, Blogger The Lily said...

Y'all are nothing but trouble when y'all get together, spoon. Entertaining, but trouble nonetheless.

 
At Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:01:00 PM, Blogger Home on the Range said...

John is one of the good ones. Hope he gets up to grace the table around here one of these years.

 
At Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:38:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

John is a good guy! So are y'all :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.