Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Hulu. For your vegetation pleasure.

I'd just like to point out that Hulu now has added Seasons 3 and 4 of Adam-12 for your free, on-demand, no-sign-up-required viewing pleasure. In seasons 3 and 4, Reed and Malloy now carry 4-inch revolvers (as opposed to the 6-inch ones in the previous seasons) in the silliest floppy pivot holsters you've ever seen, and their 1970 Plymouth Satellite looks far cooler than the old Belvederes that they were driving before.

These procedurals are quick 24-minute tastes of an idealized view of police culture from the years before and during my birth. Dad was a patrolman, back then.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Friday, February 27, 2009 10:30:00 PM, Blogger LauraB said...

Thx for that! Hubby ran thru all of those on the hulu - he'll be thrilled the next seasons are out.

And yes, it's a quaint view, isn't it?

P.S. I was in love with Peter Malloy when I first saw the show. LOVE.

 
At Friday, February 27, 2009 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Sad to say, I actually remember that show... Dang, I'm getting old!

 
At Saturday, February 28, 2009 2:56:00 PM, Blogger TOTWTYTR said...

I was a teen (early teens) when the show premered. It was one of my favorites then and now.

LauraB, it was a different world back then, much different.

The Satellite was my favorite Adam-12 car, although it only lasted one season. Jack Webb, true to his form, always used the same car that LAPD was using. I read somewhere that they actually ordered two extras each year and sold them to him for use on the show.

Swivel holsters were big in the 1960s, except in New York City. Where they used them well into the 1980s. I kid you not.

The clamshell holsters looked cool, but failed often. When they failed, they failed closed and needed a blow torch to open.

 
At Tuesday, March 03, 2009 6:00:00 AM, Blogger Pawpaw said...

I think I have one of those old swivel holsters out in the filing cabinet.

Every handgunner has a drawer or box full of old holsters and I'm no exception. If you'd like it, for some weird reason, let me know. I'll box it up and send it to you.

 
At Thursday, March 05, 2009 3:32:00 PM, Blogger John B said...

I used to see those god-awful holsters in the toss bin at our local gun shop. They couldn't give them away. Even the local theaters turned up their noses at them....

I worked for a security guard that had one of those. He wrapped it in off-black 100MPH tape.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.