Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hope you got a saddle for Christmas.

Because in 3 weeks, we're all promised a pony.

In a fit of irritainment, I just got done listening to an entire radio column in which NPR's senior news commentator Daniel Schorr describe this as "the worst of times," and claims that our deus ex machina --the god who swoops down to rescue imperiled heroes from their plights-- is Barack Obama.

Now, it is true that I know in advance that I will get this when I listen to Schorr. For the last eight years, he's been disgusted with all things Republican, and before that, he expressed disgust with Democrats only when they failed to utilize an opportunity to crush the Republican opposition. (Oh, how could they?!?)

I've rolled my eyes a lot over the last few months, when hearing about how Barry O' is going to Save Us All. But seriously-- it's unseemly when an educated nonagenarian who has been reporting on politics for more than 15 terms utters such silliness. For pay, no less.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finaly gave up on NPR. I couldn't listen and grit my teeth at the same time while paying taxes to support them. I could stop two of the three.

Now I just get my Car Talk episodes via IPod subscription.

 
At Wednesday, December 31, 2008 11:27:00 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

I'm with you on these thoughts. I find myself turning the radio off for two minutes as soon as Daniel starts talking.
It's like listening to Garrison Kiellor. You know he's going to knock "the current administration". It's just how long till it happens and how often in one show.
A pox on both their houses. I doubt if either one can bring himself to make anything but humorous knocks against "the new administration".

 
At Thursday, January 01, 2009 12:34:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

Hunter, I can accept it out of Keillor; he fancies himself as a "Humorist." But Schorr is a long-time "Senior New Anylist" of a major news network.

 
At Saturday, January 03, 2009 7:59:00 AM, Blogger Home on the Range said...

I didn't get the saddle. I bought a large shovel instead. Probably more useful.

 
At Saturday, January 03, 2009 10:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suspect that Barry will shortly feel very much like the captain of the Titanic. I'm not one of those that thinks we are headed for another Great Depression. We've moved past that in our understanding of macroeconomics.

But I think its fair to say that the next few years (forget about recovery by 2010) will be the most severe recession that we've seen since the 1930's. There are another $1 TRILLION worth of adjustable rate mortgages yet to reprice later this year. The success rate for loans that have been modified is hovering right at 50%. Rising unemployment places even more stress on the system as people get laid off and either can't make their payment or can't sell their house to move elsewhere for work. It is going to get very, very ugly.

And if the Dems (and Dubya for that matter) think they can magically create another trillion bucks worth of currency without sowing the ground for massive inflation then they really need to switch their meds.

The incoming administration and congress are temperamentally inclined to do the exact opposite of what is needed to end this mess as quickly as possible. That is why I believe that the Obama presidency will make the Carter presidency look like a model of insightful and decisive action by comparison.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.