Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Note to all:

You know that cell phone that you're holding to your face in public?
Yeah, that one.
Well you know those little holes at the end that's not at your ear?
Go ahead and look. I'll wait.
Okay. That's your phone's microphone.
It's right next to your frickin' mouth!

Pay attention, because I'm only going to say this politely one time:

You do NOT need to shout or indeed even raise your voice when speaking into a microphone that is within 2 inches of your piehole mouth. Good modern microphones pick up proximal noise better than ambient noise. This may mean that you might not be able to hear yourself speak. That's okay-- they can. If you have to shout, then your phone/radio/communications device is broken-- get a new one.

The movie you're watching? It's not only about you...

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 12:41:00 AM, Blogger Christina RN LMT said...

I LOVE the people who completely disregard all the frickin' signs plastered ALL OVER THE SPA which proclaim "NO CELL PHONE USE - SERVICES IN PROGRESS". [/sarcasm]

Okay, I'll stop shouting now, since I got that out of my system.

 
At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:58:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

One of the few instances where I agree 100% with instant capital punishment is when people talk on their cell phones during a movie.

They should rent out suppressed .22s at the popcorn counter just for that purpose.

"Yeah, dawg, I'm at the mov..." *PLOP PLOP* "...urrrgh."

(Most of the douchebags who answer their ringing phones in a movie theater also have annoying ring tones to boot, like some rap "song" or Top Ten crap at full volume.)

 
At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 8:21:00 AM, Blogger William the Coroner said...

I wonder how well it works if you shove it where the sun don't shine? Just askin'.

 
At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 8:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT? Oh, wait... Can you hear me NOW? YEAH? So, she says to him... Hold ON! YEAH? Like I said... WHAT?

 
At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 10:22:00 AM, Blogger breda said...

can I hire you to come to the library I work at to tell that to every jabbering idiot?

 
At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I'm concerned, thats reason #49365 that pistol whipping should be an acceptable means of communication.

 
At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 9:26:00 PM, Blogger Christina RN LMT said...

But Marko, then you'd have to deal with the stench of voided bowels and bladders for the rest of the show...I don't know if I could hang.

 
At Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

sigh... the ones I 'love' are the abusive and foul mouthed at the top of their lungs... NOT

We actually built a little white noise generator a few years ago that would cause a cell phone to drop calls, maybe I need to look at repackaging that... hmmmm

 
At Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were sitting by that woman in McDonalds today too?!

 
At Sunday, February 03, 2008 2:24:00 PM, Blogger Words Twice said...

There is a solution to this.

 
At Monday, March 15, 2010 8:40:00 AM, Anonymous Cell phone jammer said...

yep, but this is illegal ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.