Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Must be sending the new batch of cards out.


Site Meter tells me that I'm getting a LOT of hits by people Googling "Magna Cum Laude.org", "National Scholars Honor Society", etc.

I really don't want to use the word "Scam," to describe them. (Mostly because I already did that back in November.)

I'll just say that you're probably not getting what you think you're paying for.
Gosh, I hope they don't sue me, or anything. [/yawn]
Scam, National Scholars Honor Society looks like a scam, worthless organization, magna cum laude.org, magnacumlaude.org is a scam, don't bother unless you really need to throw away $85.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, January 11, 2008 6:52:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

In the publishing world, folks like the National Scholars Honor Society are called "vanity publishers". In this case, they don't make all their money off their authors, but of their listees (I doubt there's a single soul who owns their tomes that didn't pay for a copy in oder to have their name listed.)

Vanity publishers exist--and make a living--solely off green authors who don't know any better...or, in NSHS's case, college grads who want to have a book on the shelf with their name in it.

 
At Tuesday, January 29, 2008 1:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW DO WE SHUT THIS MF DOWN AND PUT HIM IN JAIL?

THE MF WHO RUNS THIS ORG IS A PRACTICING PHYSICIAN IN ILLINOIS AND USES A HOME ADDRESS AND TWO OTHER ADDRESSES WITH BUSINESS NAMES TOTALLY UNRELATED TO THIS ENTERPRISE. THEY DO NOT ACCEPT EMAIL. DO A YAHOO MAP AND REVERSE PHONE NUMBER CHECK WITH THE ONE NUMBER THEY GIVE.

 
At Monday, March 03, 2008 5:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my invitation to the National Scholars Honor Society this afternoon.

According to the website, there are 80,000 members and they gave out $210,000 in scholarships last year. It costs $85 to join, which means they made around $6.8 million from dues and only gave out a pittance in scholarships.

This invitation is going straight into the trash. My $85 is better spent elsewhere...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.