Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Didn't have far to go.

We lost another good one. Sir Edmund Hillary passed to his great beyond this last week.

The man was known for his humility, even while achieving personal greatness. He then quietly used his fame to try to save one of the planet's greatest wonders.

It's worth reading the above obituary-- the man was a mountain all his own.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:54:00 PM, Blogger Saffa Chick said...

Hi! I've just found out that it is delurking week in America... I'm in Australia but most of the blogs I read are in the USA, so in that spirit here's my de-lurk!

I read you most days ;-). I really enjoy the perspective you have on things.

I'm Saffa Chick (South African) living in Sydney, coming to terms with a new country and new(ish) man.

Hope to see you over on my blog. www.wanderingsaffachick.blogspot.com

 
At Friday, January 11, 2008 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Canadian Girl said...

From what I've read, Sir Edmund was a man to admire. Thanks for the link to the obit.

 
At Saturday, January 12, 2008 4:57:00 PM, Blogger John B said...

It's a shame that I found out only in his obit that he was a fellow former beekeeper. He had to quit cos he got too famous. I had to stop cos of my brother and mom's declining health..

Another reason why I despise our
'educational' system....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.