Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving musings, Part 4

Marko writes a commendable piece called "This I Believe." I suspect that Marko will submit his post to This I Believe.org, a superb documentary site which is basically a modern remake of the old 1950s Edward R. Murrow radio project. This site is amazing, and includes thousands of such declarations of personal belief, sorted by topic and author. It also includes the text and audio recordings of the original 1950s archives.

I mentioned in my comments to Marko's post that I've been meaning for some time to submit my own personal essay to This I Believe. But as of yet, I've not done it.

But in looking at it, I looked up a favorite old This I Believe essay, written by Robert A Heinlein, and recorded half a century ago. On this national day of thanks giving, I find that it is as appropriate today as it was for a man born in Missourri 100 years ago. I too believe in Our Noble, Essential Decency.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I realize I'm a little late in reading this essay, but I wanted to let you know that it touched me, so much so that I sent it to my nearest & dearest, in the hopes that it would touch their day as well. Thank you for that.
Turtled28

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.