Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving musings Part 3

Despite what Merriam-Webster says, it's pronounced /puh KAWN/. A Texan will tell you that a "pee can" is sumpin' you leave under the bed at night if you don't have indoor plumbing.

Just got me a slice from a local with a mother in-law who's justifiably proud of her homemade pie crust. The nut slices were properly toasted to a dark brown (too many folks stop at golden), so that they were rich, roasted, and crisp. She quite properly used 'way too much butter.

Two thumbs up.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, November 22, 2007 8:56:00 PM, Anonymous Bob@thenest said...

I'm not of the opinion that such a thing as "way too much butter" exists. :-)

 
At Friday, November 23, 2007 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Bob said...

Yes, could you explain, with small words please,this "too much butter" thing? You are right about the pecans.

 
At Friday, November 23, 2007 6:51:00 PM, Blogger Tam said...

It's pee-KAHN. (Or, alternatively, pee-KONG.)

 
At Sunday, November 25, 2007 4:46:00 PM, Blogger Snigglefrits said...

I'm glad there is someone else out there who says puh-kahn. I cringe every time the husband says pee-can.

Those nuts can be very confusing when discussed with my family. One grandmother says pee-kahn, one says puh-can. Sometimes I think they're both nuts. ;-)

 
At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:24:00 AM, Blogger The Lily said...

I'm with Tam. That's the way my folks say it. Kind of hybridy.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.