Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

On that most portentious day.

Belated returns of the day.

I took a phone call yesterday, from Holly. "Matt, I'm sorry, I forgot," she said.

"No problem," I responded. "I didn't get you a Texas Independence Day card, either."

It turned out that she was referring to having forgotten to inform me that I needn't drop by to fix her computer (it didn't really need my meager attentions, after all), as I'd promised to do.

But she didn't find anything strange about my little joke. In my family, we take Texas history quite seriously.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.