Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Chick flicks.



I was at my dad's and Holly's house. Holly put a DVD into the player. It fired up to the Menu welcome screen, to show pretty scenes in the snow and pretty people's faces at Christmas time. I think some white lace and red ribbon were evident.

"What'n'Hell is'zat?" I inquired with a little less erudite-ness (erudition?) than I'm probably capapble of.

"'The Family Stone'," she said. "Claire Danes, Diane Keaton, Sarah Jessica Parker, Luke Wilson, Craig Nelson..."

"Chick flick," I snorted as I rolled my eyes. Sometimes I enjoy getting Holly's goat.

"Oh it is not either," she protested.

"It's been on for 5 minutes, and I haven't seen a pistol, a fight, or a man pounding his fist on a desk and declaring that the main character with the Celtic-sounding name is out of line, yet. 'Damn it, McDermitt!/Damn it, Callahan!/Damn it, McBane! You've gone too far, this time!' None of that."

I drank coffee, got my uniform ready (I'd stayed there today) for work, and ate some of Dad's guiso, and the movie wound down. "Well one thing's for sure," I said, "at no point in a guy flick does the audience clap her hands and exclaim 'the bus is stopping to let her out to come to him!'"

"Screw you."

"I'm just saying..." Sometimes I enjoy getting Holly's goat.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At Monday, March 05, 2007 6:30:00 AM, Blogger Flo said...

"Sometimes I enjoy getting Holly's goat."

I guess you haven't seen her journal with all the tick marks to keep track and her ideas to get your goat.

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 7:21:00 AM, Blogger HollyB said...

Dang It, Flo. That was supposed to be my SECRET journal!!!

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Gotta have goat to get, gang.

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 8:32:00 PM, Blogger Ambulance Driver said...

And Matt wins the prize for alliteration, folks.

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:12:00 AM, Blogger HollyB said...

Matt, you've got goats. They are just better hidden than mine. My "buttons, are bright red and stick out about 6". They are sooo easy!

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:00:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

No doubt.

Friends, Holly's so button-covered, I push 'em by making fun of Houston. HOUSTON!

It had never occured to me to be sensitive of that, before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.