Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wookiee-suiter.

"What the hell is a 'Wookiee-suiter,'" I asked Tamara today by phone.

She described this photo for me, which I vaguely remembered having seen.

A Wookiee-suiter (or "wookie-suiter," as most of us would type it, only to be corrected by Star Wars geeks.) is a term of art coined by one of Tamara's frequent commenters and contributors, who, according to Tam, basically applies it to anyone more libertarian than he is.

She and I agreed that this is a fine example of why Ron Paul and any other Libertarian candidate gets marginalized, when his most visible supporters will willingly dress up in hairy science fiction character costumes and stand out in the snow at the side of the road with a Gadsden flag.

"I myself use the term endearingly," she said kindly.

I thought it interesting that I had pretty much been to every single website that appeared in my Google search for the term.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:59:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Interesting, I've never heard of that one...

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Crucis said...

Me neither. But, after viewing the photo, I can understand why it's a term of derision.

Ron Paul and those like him is a prime reason I cannot join the Libertarian Party. I agree with many of their tenets but they'll always be on the fringe in the mind of the public.

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"is a term of art coined by one of Tamara's frequent commenters and contributors, who, according to Tam, basically applies it to anyone more libertarian than he is."

As I originally coined it, the term was to apply to the fringe of the Ron Paul voters.

But, of course, Tam is right, I use it derisively to describe the dirty, lazy, unemployed, bong-toting a la carte political philosophy of Libertarianism. "I want freedom! Give me something for free!"

Of all my creations, I'm glad Tam is getting credit for Wookie Suiter as it will have more staying power associated with Tam. However, I did coin "Errornet" and that's been around for a while.

Shootin' Buddy

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:42:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Shootin' Buddy:

Tamara properly accredited you for the coinage when we talked, but I hadn't asked you for permission to attribute it to you, so I let it lie until you claimed it. She explained your definition of the term, but then gave me her own take on it.

I've seen a lot of people use "Errornet" over the last decade-and-a-half. If you're th mint from which that term was coined, then your swath is cut wide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.