Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Independence Day

The only fireworks that I've set off has been to decant a quart of jalepenos from the can to a jar, and putting the excess into a nice mess of migas, with fresh eggs from the chickens that aren't molting.

My bride is off to Harbor Freight to take advantage of a sale on a cracker box welder, so maybe that counts.  "I don't think that they'll be open today," I told her.
"It's a Fourth Of July sale," she answered.
"Eh, it's not like they're going to be having Americans hard at work turning out more product," I said.

I declined to go, because I get a little, um, out of control, in a place full of inexpensive tools. A man's got to know his limitations.

I bid you all a happy Independence Day, and ask you to consider whether we still hold sacred those freedoms that we sought to secure when our nation was born. Or was it just a bid for home-rule, and we're doing that, now?

Enjoy some very good playing of John Philip Sousa by Chet Atkins, before anyone considered that his music would be usurped to sell Korean cars.



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 04, 2012 4:39:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the music - that was great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.