Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Uh thanks. But you're still a scam.



Oh, National Scholars Honor Society. How you still pester me. You pester me not for the glory of academia. You pester me not for the recognition of honor.

You pester me for money.

Which I shall not bestow upon you. Because you're still a scam.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Sunday, April 26, 2009 7:03:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Heh- Seen them, threw them in the trash... Looks like I was doing the right thing! :-)

 
At Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:58:00 PM, Anonymous Rick T said...

Yup, that and the high school alumni guides that want a chunk of change for a copy... I gave them my info and didn't buy a copy. It doesn't help that I went to high school in AZ, MA, and PA....

I *did* join Tau Beta Pi when I got my engineer degree at Penn State, but that is a little different.

 
At Sunday, May 03, 2009 5:16:00 AM, Blogger Carteach said...

Ya... Some group at Penn State invited me to join their national honor society. I checked them out, and they seemed legit.

Their idea of 'join' was for me to pay them $50, and attend a 'light tea' where they would give me a certificate. The date on the invite was.... a..... a date that didn't exist on any calender. I emailed them with the slight problem, but never heard back.

Didn't sound to me like a 'honor' to belong to such a wonderful 'honor society'....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.