Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

From the Department of Redundancy Department:

I'm sitting in a computer lab on campus, writing a blog entry on procrastination.
The impetus of this writing is, in fact, procrastination. I'm putting off for a minute or two longer the writing of a 2-page opinion paper that I'm to submit in Criminal Justice Policy tonight. Said paper, being turned in to a graduate level (I'm working toward my Master's) class is expected to cite scholarly sources, and to be written fairly well. Oh, and it would be nice if I could get a few hours of sleep today, as I work tonight, same as last night.

This tautology is the culmination of years of training, I assure you. (There's a reason that it took me 13 years to get my undergrad degree!)

Okay. Here we go. "The Failure Of Parole In the Role Of Successfully Reintegrating Inmates To Lawfully Abide In Society." Yawn. I think I'll lean heavily on Braithewaite.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger HollyB said...

It's a shame I can't substitute my years of experience as a Parole Officer for a PhD. I could give you several reasons why Parole fails. But I'm not scholarly enuf for your Prof. I only have a lowly BSW, and been in the trenches with the failures of the Parole system. Had them cuss me, and threaten me, and leer at me, and blame ME for their failure. Ah, the stories I could tell...oh wait, I AM telling them on My Blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.