Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Cults and Music

I never did care for anything resembling a cult of any kind. Religion, philosophy, mechanics.
But it’s the cult of personality which probably rustles my jimmies the most. This was my biggest (not only) complaint about our last President, Obama, and it’s my biggest (not only) complaint against our current President, Trump. 

Best friend Scott and I saw Living Color perform this song at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas in October of 1989. We were seniors in high school. They were opening for the Rolling Stones. (At the time, we thought that if we didn’t seize the chance to see them perform, we would never get an opportunity again. It never would have occurred to us that, 30 years later, the Stones still perform on tour.)  

Brass Against The Machine does a solid cover, with featured guest vocalist Mazz Swift shredding the solo on an electric violin. 

https://youtu.be/WwsevGDRNAc 


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, August 03, 2019 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Nice, and old school... And thanks for making me feel OLD, I was three years from retiring the first time... sigh

 
At Monday, March 30, 2020 7:36:00 AM, Blogger ahmed said...

شركة تنظيف بتبوك

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.