Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, November 04, 2013

The hell?

I woke up Friday before work, with the fresh memory of a dream that demonstrated a familiar old theme: I had just sighted in on my foe with my carry pistol (a 637 loaded with Buffalo Bore Plus P 158g SWCHPS) from short range, only to find that the strain of the 200+ pound trigger pull caused my aim to shake off target. As I thumbed back the hammer to single-action the brain pan of the giant man-eating hog, my sleep-time Airweight hammer spring showed so much resistance that I couldn't make the cocking notch. I finally woke up with the boar unshot, and me on a higher limb of the tree that I was in. MOST unsatisfactory, for a guy who just wanted to put dream bacon on the ground.

That super-heavy dream trigger has happened so often. I guess it's a "nightmare," but up until then, it was just exciting, not scary. With the heavy trigger, the dream grew very frustrating. I woke up right after.

But to be sure, I've had this happen in real nightmares.

So maybe, just maybe, that's the thinking behind a banner that I just found, advertising a new TV show called "Sleepy Hollow:"

I may have taken liberties with the graphic. 

But the woman with BOTH of her index fingers on the trigger of her Glock is supposed to be "Lt. Abbie Mills." 

I thought for a bit that perhaps it was a comedy, but the given genre is "Adventure / Drama / Fantasy." 

Hey, Hollywood? Let me explain something: to make fantasy work, you have to make every part of the show that is not fantastic be super-realistic. Please train your actors.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, November 04, 2013 4:54:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

At least you have ammo in your gun... sigh... and they COULD use some training, no question!

 
At Tuesday, November 05, 2013 9:53:00 AM, Anonymous Cowtown Cop said...

Whenever I have the old super heavy trigger or bullet dripping out the barrel dream, I go shoot the gun in question and the dreams stop. Someone smarter than me explained that the dreams come from subconscious anxiety about my performance and ability with the gun.

 
At Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:44:00 AM, Blogger Dirk said...

The ad from the show might be less than brilliant...but the show itself is quite good. I'd recommend hitting Hulu or something to watch it from the beginning - it's rather serialized.

 
At Thursday, November 07, 2013 12:44:00 AM, Anonymous Greg Tag said...

Matt

She clearly has the New York Double Plus Plus trigger, approved by Bloomberg as being "safe".

Of course , actually getting the weapon to discharge is really hard.

Regards

GKT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.