Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Unwanted email.

I'm sorry about the Captcha on the comments. I hate it, too. But with Comment Moderation on, evaluating the comments was turning into a daily part-time job. I had been throwing the email notifications of spam into a folder in my email, and just now deleted the contents of that box. I had to keep doing it, 200 emails at a time. I deleted over 1200 emails, from a very short period of uninterrupted bot-hosting. Each one of those, I opened, read, denied for my blog, and moved to a folder. Too much work. That's why I have the Turing test, to prove that you breathe and think on your own before you submit a comment. Sorry to make you work for it.

While I was in my email, I looked in the Spam folder for the first time in a LONG time. One was from an email with my own moniker in it, and I idly opened it. This is what popped up:
Good day my new friend!
I for the first time try such a way of dialogue, and I really don't know what to tell right now even though I understand that this first message have greater importance. My name is
Lubov. I look for the friend on the web. I liked your
form. And I decided to write to you. On the Internet I did not
communicate earlier. My friend told to me to communicate on the
Internet. Now I decided to find the friend. I Hope we will
communicate. Then communication can outgrow in that bigger))).
Thanks for time found by you! I am wait your answer!
My mail box l_[redacted]@ymail.com
Your new girlfriend Lubov.
I picture it being spoken in the voice of a female Latka Gravas.  Man, I should write her back, and let her down easy, and tell her that I'm married.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 06, 2013 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Switch to Wordpress and use Akismet.

In January 2013 it stopped over 11,000 spam comments with a 99.99% accuracy rate and zero effort on my part.


 
At Wednesday, March 06, 2013 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

But that involves moving.
And everyone hates moving.

 
At Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:37:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

I'm trying to figure out what to do also...

 
At Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:15:00 PM, Anonymous Evyl Robot Michael said...

Before Akismet, I practically made a regular meme out of breaking up with spambot girls. http://evylrobot.com/?s=spambot+girls&submit=Search

 
At Thursday, March 07, 2013 7:49:00 AM, Blogger Bob said...

Just switch the settings to prohibit anonymous commenting. If someone wants to post a comment badly enough, logging in using Google + or the other options available is much easier than the Turing test. I did this some time ago and have had no problems with spam since.

 
At Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you know there was a female Latka Gravas: Simca, played by the wonderful Carol Kane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.