Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Yet another reason why I really don't check in with Fox News.

Honestly, I'd rather listen to NPR.

I've always known that NPR had a liberal bias, but bless their pink little hearts, they think that they're being balanced, and I genuinely believe that they think that they're trying to get the balanced story. Given the length of the soundbites, I can usually form my own conclusions. Hell, I'll say it right here and now: I've donated money to my member station (mostly because the music was superb.).

But Fox News? Their attitude seems to be: "We know that the others are putting out nothing but liberally-biased crap. To balance this, we must-- MUST! spin our news toward our vision of the conservative viewpoint!"   This, to me, is actually worse than what NPR or the rest do. It's intentionally and openly putting spin on things.

But that's not what I'm here to point out, tonight. The bone that I'm picking here is that some editor with Fox Sports News missed a unique opportunity.  In reporting a new world record for the number of fat-laden greasy chicken wings (337!) consumed in a given period of time (30 minutes!!) with the doubtlessly unpleasant consequences, Fox Sports News did NOT post:

 "Kobayashi The Victor In No-Win Contest."

This gives me a sad.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, February 05, 2012 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

LOL, I didn't hear about that one, NOR the aftermath... :-)

 
At Sunday, February 05, 2012 11:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Fox is honest about its spin and thats bad? I think they do lean a bit to the right and some of their stars have huge egos but
compared to the others Fox comes off as much better. Plus they have the hottest info babes.

x

 
At Wednesday, February 08, 2012 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Tam said...

Oh, man, I wish I'd typed that. :D

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2012 9:10:00 AM, Blogger TOTWTYTR said...

Thanks for the blog fodder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.