Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Awesome. Not enough, but awesome.

I love a movie grill. I can combine my dinner with my movie, and have a beer with my popcorn, and make it back home to the sitter without taking all night.

Down in Austin, one of the best of them is the Alamo Drafthouse. Now, I've never been to the Alamo Drafthouse, before. But I know that they are made of win. How? Why, I know this because, not only do they kick out a teenage girl who couldn't stop texting during her movie, but when she called to make a complaint, they posted her profanity-laced voicemail on YouTube, and on their blog. (Cussing bleeped, but it's clear what she's saying.)

My only complaint? They evidently ejected her with her aforementioned phone intact.

I get down to Austin a fair bit, and the next time I do, I'm getting a beer and a movie at the Austin Drafthouse, at one of their five convenient locations.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:46:00 AM, Blogger Carteach said...

If they had a place here, I'd be there tonight!

Made of win.

 
At Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:11:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Outstanding! :-) They'd get my business if I was there!

 
At Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:17:00 AM, Anonymous BGMiller said...

Hmmm....
17 hrs...
Don't think I can make the evening show tonight.
Tempted though.

BGM

 
At Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:19:00 AM, Blogger shooter said...

That place is made of win. I've been to the one down in Houston, and it is pretty cool. It is not your average theater. They really do enjoy movies and making the customers their top priority.

 
At Saturday, January 28, 2012 6:03:00 PM, Anonymous LabRat said...

Same here. Texting in the theater drives me COMPLETELY NUTS. Every time the screen lights up it yanks my eyes.

 
At Wednesday, February 01, 2012 8:00:00 AM, Anonymous Evyl Robot Michael said...

Epic. *bleep*ing. Win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.