Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

This is what I did today.

Those tiles are bigger than they look like, at first glance. They're 18" by 18" tiles, very thick. We'll be putting in similar colored grout when they've cured. This is roughly 1/3 of the room, but the fireplace is about done (just pulled up the near corner piece to redo it.) . The kids are actually kind of helpful.

The mortar is the worst part. Takes a while to mix, and it takes a while to clean the buckets with the hose. The rest is simple repetition, and a powerful desire to see things square.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:28:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looking good, and I LOVE your hearth!

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take bucket, plastic bag. Put plastic bag in bucket. Then put motar in bucket and mix. When done throw plastic bag away, face Wa. state and say thankyou. Works with paint roller trays too.
x

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2011 3:22:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Oh yeah, SQUARE is truly the issue... :-)

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2011 3:31:00 PM, Blogger MSgt B said...

Better you than me.

Tile is the worst

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2011 4:53:00 PM, Anonymous B5K said...

I know your pain; I'm doing the same thing right now, albeit in our working kitchen.

Plus yard work in 35* weather.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2011 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Fixit said...

I had flashbacks looking at that.

Glad it's not me.

Looks good though.

Mr Fixit

 
At Monday, December 19, 2011 2:12:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

FixIt, the last time that I did this was when I was 29, on my first house. I'm 40, now. Seems like it was easier, before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.