Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, December 26, 2011

More evidence that I'm a grown-up, now.

Someone shared with me the link to a commercial put together by the folks at "Vooray," a youth clothing line. They made a pretty neat video by taking a Utah swimming hole, a pickup with a pulley attached to the receiver hitch, a bunch of rope and a four-wheeler, and accelerating some hard-scrubbed-but-clearly-fun-loving Utah youths down a greased hill-side Slip-'N'-Slide until they hit a ramp.

As much fun as the video looks, the whole time that I'm watching it, I'm thinking "those kids need sunblock! Were there any medically-trained responders on scene? That girl looks a little young to be out in that bikini with boys about."

I should just buy myself a walker and some Geritol, next time I'm at that pharmacy, I tell you.




_____________________
EDIT: The video is by the tremendously talented rising star video producer/photographer/videographer Devin Graham, who has his own blog.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:15:00 AM, Blogger Carteach said...

Me.... I'm looking at that and wondering to myself...

I wonder of those kids would get out of the way long enough for an old fart like to try it .... a few dozen times.

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:28:00 AM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Okay, get me some Geritol while you're there, because I was thinking "that's a neck injury just dying to happen." Someday, when they are old and all stoved up, they'll wonder why. I suppose I don't mind being in the Old Goats' club if there's cool kids like you in it! :P Was kind of fun to watch, though.

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2011 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

From the producer of the video: "We filmed this in Paradise Utah, on private property. Vooray built the jump and rigged the whole thing together. The distance of the lake was 150 feet. Several people had been flung 120 feet during the filming of the video. And actually... 3 people passed out on impact from hitting the water.... so I wouldn't suggest trying it at home :)"

Uh huh.
And Carteach? I'm right there with you, buddy.

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

I'm old and stove up, but that 'does' look like fun (at least once)... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.