Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Music with Phlegmmy.

My bride and I went to visit LawDog and Phlegmmy, and we all found ourselves cruising about in Phlegmmy's car. She had a nifty stereo in her vehicle that synched up with her SuperDooperPhone, so that we listened to her collection of music while we drove about. At one point I asked what the band was, and when she explained that it was Tones On Tail, I inquired if she had "Slender Fungus." She was shocked that I was familiar with the song, and queued it up right away.

How could I have forgotten the only song that I have ever heard that used the sound of someone hocking up a loogey as part of the music?

When a train passed, Phlegmmy wondered aloud something. My hearing being so bad, I didn't hear her, and asked her to repeat it. Finally, I realized that she was wondering if the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad was still in business.

I could only give her two verses of the song* before I ran out of steam.

I'm tickled to surprise my friends with my musical variety.

_________________________________________________
*Though perhaps you're a fan of the Johnny Mercer version? Or Judy Garland's version?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:11:00 AM, Blogger Larry said...

The AT&SF merged with the Burlington Northern to become the BNSF. Some of their locos now wear a very distinctive orange and green paint scheme.
So now you know the answer to that question, at least...

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:35:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Glad y'all had fun!

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:36:00 AM, Blogger Tam said...

I'm still kinda bummed that the recording levels of my Allen Wayne Damron tunes were all buggered. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.