Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Lest we forget...

Daniel Harless' disciplinary hearing is scheduled for December 1, 2011.
The guy he threatened and cussed out has been cleared of wrong-doing (beyond a traffic offense), when the judge threw out the State's case against him on November 9th.

There's still time to write the Canton, OH PD to express your disgust and concerns as to what message they're sending if they don't dismiss Officer Harless.  Remember to address it also to the IA bureau.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, November 21, 2011 9:38:00 PM, Blogger Mulligan said...

in this episode of sweep it under the rug ... they need a bigger rug

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:36:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Will do, thanks for the heads up...

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:51:00 PM, Blogger Justthisguy said...

Used to be, an heinous criminal who had just done some Godawfully disgusting outrageous thing would run _toward_ the cops, counting on them to be cold-bloodedly cool-headedly professional, vice getting torn to pieces by the outraged mob of offended citizens chasing him with torches and pitchforks and hoping to tear him to pieces.

These days, lots of solid citizens try to avoid being in the presence of cops. I know I do.

As an Anglican, I believe that all things should be done in good order, with due ceremony.

I mind the time I was (lawfully) arrested. I said to the officer, "Are you arresting me?" He answered in the affirmative, and I asked him what he wanted me to do. He told me, and allowed me to lock up my dwelling before we departed.

He then proceeded to scare the living poo out of me by doubling the speed limit on DeKalb Avenue and running every red light with no lights or sirens. I was contemplating diving for the floor, for safety, but didn't. (I think I wanted to seem kewl&manly)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.