Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Thinking about tragedy.

I just got off the phone a few minutes with my friend Ambulance Driver. If you're not aware, this is a practitioner of emergency medical response who has dedicated his life to teaching its effective application in the field. Last year, I was telling him on the phone about a CPR case that I had worked until we shoved the guy into the ambulance. He pointed out to me some changes that have recently been made in protocol, and said derisively, "Some paramedics are still treating cardiac cases like it's 2007." I made him repeat that. It was 2010. "Para medicine has made some real advances lately," he told me. "Especially in cardiac cases."

So when I read his recent blog "To Jennifer," I thought back to the compilation that we worked on together. I have in the past few years met the people affected by that wreck, and I promise you that AD has, too, from his end.

I just wish that I could write as well as he can.

_______________
For what it's worth, I think we'll just put together a little Perspectives post again, soon. Too many of our experiences dovetail.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, August 19, 2011 9:30:00 AM, Blogger Omnibabe said...

I, for one, can't wait for your next collaborative effort!

 
At Friday, August 19, 2011 5:21:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

It's there, and few outside the 'professions' understand the impact of dealing with one accident, much less doing it day in and day out. I still have nightmares about one I worked, and that was in 1979. Jennifer did the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason... Hopefully she 'accepts' that she did the right thing.

 
At Friday, August 19, 2011 11:54:00 PM, Blogger TBeck said...

Based upon the context, it sounds like Bobbie didn't survive his injuries. Do you know what the final adjudication was for all involved?

 
At Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:42:00 AM, Anonymous bluntobject said...

Matt, you do write as well as AD -- you're just a bit too close to your own writing to see the good bits as clearly as the bad. That self-criticism is probably why you write as well as you do.

It's always a pleasant surprise when Better and Better lights up in my RSS reader. Keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.