Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, May 05, 2011

A happy ending.

Yesterday, I did some checking. I came across a phone number for the landlord of the now-empty rent house across the way where the little dog used to live. I called but couldn't reach the landlord. I left a message with several contact numbers for me, and why I wanted to speak with him or the previous tenants. No call.

I have of course already left a letter on the door of the house, with my number and address. No call.

Today, my wife took off of work. I woke up to find her sleeping beside me late this morning after she had taken the kids to school. (I had gotten off late last night.) Later I woke to hear her puttering about the house. The little dog yipped. I hoped that my wife had let her out to pee. (We've been slowly training her to be housebroken, and she really does prefer to go outside. ) I went back to sleep.

A few minutes later, my wife walked into the bedroom to announce, "I just made a puppy deposit!"

As my last thoughts on the dog were concerning its need of house training, I of course immediately thought that she was referring to a deposit, from the puppy. Look, I was sleepy.

"Huh?" I asked.

"The girl who owned the puppy just knocked on our door. She asked for her puppy. I gave the perrita to her, and she said 'thanks' which seems to be about the only English that she knows. The puppy is gone!" my wife gushed.

I sat up quickly. "She's gone? And we didn't have to let those vile thieving children have her? The communists and terrorists don't win? Huzzah!"

To celebrate, we walked to the diner, and ordered the specials. I had meatloaf. She had chicken-fried steak. Hers was better. The tea was strong, the coffee was fresh, and the terrorists hadn't won.

A good day.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:49:00 PM, Anonymous Boat Guy said...

A good day indeed. Good on ya

 
At Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:57:00 PM, Blogger JPG said...

While I'm sorry your mother wasn't able to get the puppy, I'm glad it went back to the proper owner. And that the terrorists didn't win. Y'all done good.

I had that chicken fried at the diner last week, and yes, it was very good. It was only the second time I'd eaten there, and the new management is doing it right.

 
At Saturday, May 07, 2011 11:29:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Good news, and a good day! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.