Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tell the truth. Tell the truth. Tell the truth.


(Click to embiggen.)

When I commented on how much I loved this hanging plaque made by my friend and sculptor Paula Blincoe Collins, she gave it to me as a gift. Given that this is her stock and trade, it was actually a pretty valuable gift, just monetarily. But more important to me is the sentiment, which has a lot of meaning for me. I had a scoutmaster who once said that you have to say something three times to a person before they fully get what you're saying to them. I've spent a lot of time telling people to tell the truth.

The fired clay plaque, which has the texture of lace pressed into the face of it, holds a place of honor on my mantlepiece, but I've been seriously considering hanging it up at work.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:48:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

That is a NICE piece of work, both for the sentiment and the design! I'd be proud to put that one up at work!

 
At Sunday, July 11, 2010 7:46:00 AM, Blogger JPG said...

What a handsome gift from a truly gifted artist! Thanks for including her links.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.