Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, April 02, 2010

Post vacation.

I don't have a home computer right now. I'm missing it, but more for practical things (like taxes!) than for entertainment. Sorry for lack of updates.



As for the vacation, I'll try not to make you jealous. But in over a week of traveling through 4 states and almost 3000 traveled together as a family, there were no squabbles or snits. Not even among the kids.



I ended up documenting the trip with a camera phone, and stored about 800 images on my phone. It's who was in them that was important, not what was behind them.



Petrified Forest, Grand Canyon, especially Bright Angel trail, and Glen Canyon (on the Colorado, above the Grand Canyon) were highlights of the trip. Snow camping, being snowbound in Moriarty, N.M., and hiking in steep trails in the snow were all interesting seasonal aspects of the trip.



I love my family. I love it more now than then, and that's saying something.



I love the smell of musty old packcloth and canvas and Ponderosa pine as I go to sleep in the chilled air.



I love this nation, and the people and the land that make it up.



I am ruined, for now I must do this at fairly regular intervals.



I hope your Spring is kicking off as well.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At Friday, April 02, 2010 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

"I love this nation, and the people and the land that make it up."

Hear, hear.

 
At Friday, April 02, 2010 5:20:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Glad y'all had fun, I've travelled a LOT more, but all for work! And yes, regular vacations ARE nice, and so are 'most' of the people in this country!

 
At Friday, April 02, 2010 8:01:00 PM, Blogger Christina RN LMT said...

I have mixed feelings about this post...I envy you and your family for your wonderful adventures, and I'm SO HAPPY for you that you had those adventures together!

Cherish the memories and make more of them. :)

 
At Saturday, April 03, 2010 2:28:00 PM, Blogger John B said...

Missed you Matt! Glad you had a good vacation.

 
At Sunday, April 04, 2010 2:54:00 PM, Blogger Pawpaw said...

Sounds like you had a good time. We're taking the whole family (inlaws, outlaws, grandkids and all) on a vacation in the Appalachians this summer. Can't wait.

 
At Tuesday, April 06, 2010 6:30:00 PM, Blogger Tam said...

Y'all are very lucky. You know that, right?

 
At Thursday, April 08, 2010 7:15:00 PM, Blogger Home on the Range said...

I'm so glad you did that. Ireland was the first real vacation I'd taken in years, always spending the free time taking care of my parents. I told them, Look, I have to do this, and they understood. We truly need that time and I'm glad you took it.

 
At Sunday, April 11, 2010 7:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good people in Moriarty. I got my sailplane licenses there.
LittleRed1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.