Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Notes on Avatar.

Dad and I saw Avatar yesterday.

I have to say, "visually rich" is not a descriptive enough term to use for this movie. I strongly suggest seeing this flick in 3D, preferably in OmniMax; it changes my perception of what can be done when making movies. I actually almost kind of understand the concept that obsessive whiners are claiming to experience depression when stepping back into the real world after viewing the movie.

But I found that all of Tamara's and LawDog's remarks were true. (Warning: DON'T read LawDog's post if you don't want spoilers. For that matter, don't read this post, if you don't want spoilers.)

As a father of two young girls, I have probably seen more female-oriented Disney movies than the average straight, meat-eating, gun-loving man in his late 30s.

And halfway through Avatar, I knew that I had seen this movie before.

Apparently others agree.

And I have to say that I also noticed something that Pocahontas 3D had in common with District 9:

"And that's how we scatter 'em like roaches." --Avatar

"I cahn't believe that I get paid to kill the likes of you!" --District 9

What is it with over-the-top villains in modern popular S.F. movies?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Comrade Misfit said...

What is it with over-the-top villains in modern popular S.F. movies?

Dr. No? Auric Goldfinger? The guy with the cat who was running SPECTRE?

Not just SF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.