Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fun with friends and kin.



We shot an IDPA match yesterday. Dad and I invited my good friend John Shirley along. (You don't know John Shirley? Well shame on your happy ass.)
We had a good time, and practiced as closely to life as we play. Dad, John, and I were the only ones utilizing cover garments in the hot Texas summer sun. Dad shot his S&W M13. John shot a Glock 19. I shot a M37 Airweight.

Funny how many people came up to compliment me on shooting what was undoubtedly the slowest string in the match. When you shoot an airweight snubnosed 5-shot, you have NOTHING to prove.
John even took up the role of action photographer for one of the club members during the match. Funny how similar dynamics for shooting lead and pixels can be:


Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Sunday, July 19, 2009 11:19:00 AM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

It was a thrill to meet John. Wish I could have seen the match. I suppose when your height involves several zip codes, you really don't have anything to prove. Ever. I think you're nearly 2 feet taller than me, but I don't feel that short.

 
At Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:55:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Good times, trigger time and friends makes life MUCH better!

 
At Monday, July 20, 2009 11:25:00 PM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

I had a wonderful, action-packed day. When I make time, I'll post an AAR.

 
At Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:20:00 AM, Blogger Tam said...

That would have been a fun match to attend. :)

 
At Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:32:00 PM, Blogger JPG said...

Tams - -
The invitation to come visit is still good. At least three Saturdays a month, there are fun matches within an hour from here.
JPG and Holly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.