Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Worth it.

There are some who might think that I was gilding the lily, a tad, when adding slices of vintage Kerrygold white Irish cheddar to my meatloaf sandwich, last night. But I would disagree. The meatloaf sandwich is not to be scoffed at, and when made with my mother's fresh meatloaf, it's even more special. Fresh whole wheat bread, quality mayonesa, crisp iceberg lettuce, Dijon mustard, fresh-ground pepper, a dash of salt, and a little thinly-sliced mild onion finished the sandwich. It'll do, until my tomatoes come in.*

In other news, my wife is going to be mighty satisfied with her own lunch that I packed for her, in the morning.

_______________________
*From what bushes remain. Curse you, unseasonably-late frost! You may have won this battle, but you haven't seen the last of Matt G, N. Texas tomato farmer!!! (Seriously-- I covered them!! I did!)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, April 09, 2009 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Michael W. said...

Thou art EVIL!!!! says I, as I sit down for a lunch of a PB&J and tomato soup. -grin-

 
At Saturday, April 18, 2009 10:23:00 AM, Blogger charlotte g said...

Awwww. You made me smile.

 
At Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:41:00 PM, Anonymous ka9vsz said...

Iceberg? I am appalled! For the love of all that is edible, try some real lettuce!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.