Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

I never thought I'd see the day...

...when I would shrug and willingly purchase .22 ammunition by mail, taking the beating on shipping.

But with the prices and selection Natchez Shooting Supplies is offering, and what with the way even .22 LR ammo has been drying up off the shelves of the very limited number of stores selling it in my area, it actually seemed worth ordering a coupla thousand rounds of varying types, and typing in my credit card number.

I also ordered a Safariland Comp 1 5-shot speedloader, to see if they're worth messin' with.

The last two times I went to buy ammo locally, I had to go to the Pit Of Despair, and I'll pay a few bucks to offset that experience again. Seriously. Here, I didn't have to get out of my chair, kept slurping coffee out of my favorite china cup, and remained barefoot. That's worth something to me.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Sunday, March 29, 2009 1:38:00 PM, Blogger none said...

Now online places want a dollar per round for wolf ammo.

I try to hit the stores when they first open and buy what they have.

I'm having to cut back on my shooting because some calibers I just can't replace right now.

I'm saving my reloading supplies just in case.

 
At Sunday, March 29, 2009 2:12:00 PM, Blogger Brian said...

I agree. Their prices are hard to beat.

Unfortunately, NSS won't ship to Alabama. :(

 
At Monday, March 30, 2009 4:50:00 AM, Blogger KD5NRH said...

Once you get the hang of getting the rounds into the Safariland, you'll love it. It's well-nigh impossible to dump one in a pocket accidentally, and so easy to load from it that the others don't come close.
Fortunately, one rarely needs to refill a speedloader under stress.

 
At Monday, March 30, 2009 1:03:00 PM, Blogger Crucis said...

I've found that Cabelas ammo prices to be very competitive. Yes, you pay shipping, but with rising taxes, it comes out even in the end.

I buy my defense ammo from Cabelas. I can't always find what I want locally and the local prices are higher as well. I bought a brick of Federal .22lr for $16 at the local Cabelas a couple of weeks ago. A very good price for this area.

 
At Monday, March 30, 2009 8:09:00 PM, Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

Why is all the .223 out of stock? I'd think they'd be making it like crazy for the military.

 
At Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:44:00 AM, Blogger Crucis said...

Johnny, they are. That's why it's so scare. Just all the ammo mfgs have gov't contracts for .223 and there's little left over for the civilian market. Most of the ammo that is available is imported from Russia and the east european countries.

 
At Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:17:00 PM, Blogger Tam said...

I was doing something at the range last weekend that I never ever thought I'd do: Picking up 9mm brass to reload.

 
At Friday, April 03, 2009 9:40:00 AM, Blogger closed said...

www.moonclips.com

The real speed loaders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.