Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa has left the building.

Long shift this evening. Got home and made tamales.

Then wrapped presents and put stuff under the tree.

Stuff is wrapped. Tree is stocked. Stockings are stuffed. Tamales are steamed.
Santa is pooped. It's time for bed.
Prol'ly won't make it 8:30 AM.
That's why the percolator is loaded and on the stovetop, too.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, December 25, 2008 1:19:00 PM, Blogger Sabra said...

Merry Christmas, Matt.

I failed once again to make tamales this year. They're really not that hard, are they? (I've only made 'em once.) Love your little steamer; I made mine in a pan on the stove top.

 
At Thursday, December 25, 2008 3:36:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

That steamer's bigger than it looks. There's a large 1950's toaster behind it. Each of those tamales is about 3X larger than standard little tamales. I make 'em big because I'm lazy. Figure two or three to a large man's meal, max. Each is the size of a good-sized burrito.

BTW, I cheated: I bought a large rotisserie chicken from the market, deboned it, diced the meat, sauteed it in a pan with garlic, cumin, onions, jalepenos and oil, thenn put it up until I was ready to soak the husks and smear the masa.

BTW, the top ones' husks were smeared with Wesson oil, and the bottom ones' husks were smeared with bacon grease. Surprisingly, the Wesson oil ones were better! Steam time: 2 hrs.

 
At Thursday, December 25, 2008 6:53:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Yum! I can't tell you how much I miss real home made tamales! Best wishes for you and your family for 2009!

 
At Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:33:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Hmmm, tamales!

Yum!

Hope you and yours had a grand and lovely Christmas!

 
At Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear, now I have to make tamales, too. Wonder if I can find some decent, affordable, pineapple for tamales de piƱa. The rum and piloncillo for sauce, I already have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.