Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

On a Day Like This

I was born in October, and have always felt that the weather of a north Texas October is a gift to me, personally. Back in 1990, while in Austin at U.T., I noticed that the October weather was similarly particularly fine. And I jotted down a little something:

On a day like this,
I can run faster.
I can jump higher.
I can see farther.

On a day like this,
I can think faster.
I can smile easier.
I can forgive quicker.

On a day like this,
Coffee tastes better.
Grass smells sweeter.
Work's more rewarding.

On a day like this,
I can love my life,
And those who love it with me.*

_________________________
*I met my future wife in October of 1991.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 08, 2008 1:20:00 PM, Blogger HollyB said...

It IS a gift to you, Matt. How lucky you are to be born in a great month like the one we're having now.

Also, I'm glad you were born so I could know you.

 
At Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:24:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Happy birthday to you!

 
At Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:38:00 PM, Blogger The Raving Prophet said...

I'm a fellow October birthday, and I still contend that October is the month that can be relied on to produce the best weather of the year. Less chance of rain than the spring, a cleaner feel to the air, the beautiful fall colors, and fresh apples to enjoy. Warm enough during to day to be shirtsleeve weather, but pleasantly cool at night.

And likewise, I met my wife in October too. It's just a good month of the year.

 
At Wednesday, October 08, 2008 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Happy birfday :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.