Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I mentioned that the house was just about ready, right?

Well, some people had requested some pictures of what we've done to the house.
I took a few, at the request of my sister in-law. I absolutely would not expect you to be interested, but it's been a while since I posted some pictures on this blog, and I've spent a fair bit of change getting a ghetto house to this condition, so here you go:
____________________


Here you see busy workers fixing the foundation of the house when we first bought it. Note the red cap of the guy in the hole in the garage floor. Note sexy busted garage door (now replaced.)

__________________

Here you can see the slate floor, granite countertops, tumbled-stone tile backsplash, and green walls of the kitchen, which actually work together. Also one can see the bamboo floor of the living room. See that dark gray tile in front of the dishwashing machine? About 4 feet below there, I found a really big slab leak, which I repaired.

__________________


My wife gussied up the step-down from the kitchen.

__________________


Ah, the expense expanse of bamboo flooring, in the living room.
_____________________

More of the living room floor, from the vantage point of the old back porch new sun room.
__________________

I had questioned my wife's choice of the green she used in the kitchen. Matt, learn not to meddle in the affairs of the art major.

___________________


Front hallway, prominently displaying the door on which I need to install a new doorsweep.

___________________


First view upon entering. Boring. I need to put a pair of crossed muskets over the fireplace. Or the scalps of mine enemies on the mantlepiece. Something.
____________________


Hall bath. Yawn.

____________________



Master bedroom featuring little more than shag carpet, and two itty-bitty little closets.

____________________

Master bath featuring granite countertop, countertop basin sink with stem faucet, handicapped toilet (so one doesn't have to sit 10" off the floor!), and the ugliest shower curtain evar. Also in pic: the cement floor which my lovely and talented (seriously) wife is going to put a tile mosaic on, very soon.

_____________________
Utility/laundry room, featuring built-in table (under the clutter), new 16" ceramic tiles (easy to keep clean), the tiny pantry, and my inclusion of a fold-out built-in ironing board.
___________________
The sun room. This was formerly the back porch. It features an open arched entryway, 16" ceramic tiles, central heat and air outlets, twin ceiling fans which should be flush-mounted bunt aren't, and a LOT of room not visible to the right, behind the fireplace.
_____________________

Ah yes-- the fireplace. I plan to put a facecap on it, so that I can really get some heat out of it like a proper stove. It features quartz in the hearthstones, and natural gas outlets, and a heavy cedar mantle, with a sun room behind it.
____________________

Not shown is the new studio that we installed in the garage, the large storage building out back, or the painted trim and newly power-washed brick around the house. Hey, even I have limits.

I just wanted y'all to know that Don Gwinn ain't the only one to be able to post housing upgrade blog posts.

Oh, and dig the cheesey old double oven we just pulled from the kitchen.

It had a matching ceramic sink.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:16:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Wow! It's stunning! Congrats to to you and yours - very happy for you. Your hard work really shows.

 
At Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:47:00 PM, Blogger The Lily said...

Shiney. The green was the first thing I noticed and I was like it really does compliment the slate. Your wife is REALLY talented!

But, my money's on there not being scalps, MAYBE not even musket's over the fireplace. You're out-numbered, buddy.

 
At Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:08:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

NICE! I'm sure y'all will be VERY happy to finally get in. Congrats on your hard work coming to fruition!

 
At Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:00:00 PM, Blogger Murphy said...

My check book weeped sympathetically as I read this post. Looks like you got your money's worth, though!

 
At Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:15:00 AM, Blogger EE said...

Very nice! I dig!

Shoulda kept the ovens though. :)

 
At Wednesday, October 22, 2008 6:54:00 AM, Blogger fastbike said...

Nice work. Congrats.

 
At Thursday, October 23, 2008 10:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The place really looks nice. That oven looks like it might be fun to launch projectiles at.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.