Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

On bended knee.

I've been having trouble tuning in to read Crystal's great blog, lately.

Normally a hilariously profane blog about the reality of mothering, Crystal has for the past 6 months been posting a series called "The Crazy Chronicles." In it, she details the life journey that took her from a Mediterranean island to Texas, to Mississippi, to a mental hospital.

Reading the "Crazy Chronicles" has been like watching a wayward child grow into a girl, into a woman, all at fast-forward, with the mistakes and miscarriages of justice all highlighted. No, that's not fair-- she also points out bright moments of kindness, too. But they're too few, too unpredictable. And all this occurred to Crystal, a lady we know and like.

For a guy like me, who for better or worse is a "fixer," this has been almost unbearable to read. But I had to. So every couple of weeks, I would steel myself, and go back to read what I had missed.

Yesterday, it came to fruition. Even if you don't know Crystal, and you don't ever read her blog and have never read "The Crazy Chronicles," you owe it to yourself to read the very brief installment that is Chapter 31. Read it, and have hope.*


______________________________
* F.Y.I.-- While that post doesn't get very explicit, it does acknowledge that dating people have premarital sex. You've been warned.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 10, 2008 2:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Unwed scrumpins? Say it isn't so!

 
At Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:01:00 PM, Blogger Don said...

The Crazy Chronicles always puts me in mind of middle-school girls I've known. For some of them, it's a sure bet that they're going to go through at least some of what Crystal did. It makes me wonder where they'll end up.

It's not a very nice train of thought.

 
At Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:27:00 AM, Blogger George said...

Throughout it all, Crystal displays the heart and passion we have come to know. She has a huge blog family and we are all proud to be associated with her.

Do yourself a favour and become a fan of Crystal and her family. You'll laugh and sometimes, you may weep but it will be worth it.

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 8:56:00 PM, Blogger John B said...

Matt! I'm a fixer kind of guy too! It was good training to read this knowing that there was nothing to fix. Like you I had my rocky moments reading her blog. Didn't think I could stick it out. But hey! we're friends, and she was good enough to put this down on the net. Reading The Crazy Chronicles was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. Aside from tell my Mother goodbye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.