Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Chapped.

The winters's largely been dry this year, and the wind blows in from the northwest and occasionally from the southwest, bringing dry air. Add that to the dry interiors from heaters working, and lips begin to chap a tad. I feel like a damned sissy whenever I put chapstick on-- I never used it as a kid, and it looks like lipstick, to my Texas male eyes. But shoot, even an old[er] dog can learn new tricks.

Reminds me of the tale of the Easterner couple that was vacationing out west, and found to their charm that in one small town, the cowboys would often just ride their horses into town for supplies and lunch, tying off to the still-functional hitching posts.

One cowboy climbed off his horse, remarking how chafed his lips were. Lifting his steed's tail, he planted a big kiss right on the gelding's brown eye.

The couple, taken aback, asked the cowpoke if that really treated chafed lips.

He thought on it and responded,"Well, I don't rightly know about treating them, but it sure's hell keeps me from licking 'em so much."

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At Saturday, January 19, 2008 5:59:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Good one Matt! Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do those non-manly things to keep body parts from getting all screwed up :-) The best I've found is the Blistex products

 
At Saturday, January 19, 2008 7:21:00 AM, Blogger SpeakerTweaker said...

Keeping in the trenches, eh old boy?

I, for one, did NOT see that coming.

But I can't wait to tell that one Monday morning!



tweaker

 
At Saturday, January 19, 2008 2:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, I AM female and it makes me feel vaguely sissy.

I hate leaving a "lipstick" print on my iced tea glass.

 
At Saturday, January 19, 2008 2:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use one called "lip healer" that I buy from the local farm supply store. Non-petroleum base, works much better than Chap-stik or Blistex for me.

 
At Saturday, January 19, 2008 8:28:00 PM, Blogger CrankyProf said...

Well.

At least it's not your ass that's chapped.

 
At Sunday, January 20, 2008 9:17:00 PM, Blogger Ambulance Driver said...

"At least it's not your ass that's chapped."

For that, it requires someone to kiss you on the ass.

But they have to be wearing blistex or Chapstick for it to work.

 
At Sunday, January 20, 2008 10:47:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

now I'll think of that every time I lick my lips. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.