Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving musings Part 3

Despite what Merriam-Webster says, it's pronounced /puh KAWN/. A Texan will tell you that a "pee can" is sumpin' you leave under the bed at night if you don't have indoor plumbing.

Just got me a slice from a local with a mother in-law who's justifiably proud of her homemade pie crust. The nut slices were properly toasted to a dark brown (too many folks stop at golden), so that they were rich, roasted, and crisp. She quite properly used 'way too much butter.

Two thumbs up.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, November 22, 2007 8:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not of the opinion that such a thing as "way too much butter" exists. :-)

 
At Friday, November 23, 2007 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Zdogk9 said...

Yes, could you explain, with small words please,this "too much butter" thing? You are right about the pecans.

 
At Friday, November 23, 2007 6:51:00 PM, Blogger Tam said...

It's pee-KAHN. (Or, alternatively, pee-KONG.)

 
At Sunday, November 25, 2007 4:46:00 PM, Blogger Snigglefrits said...

I'm glad there is someone else out there who says puh-kahn. I cringe every time the husband says pee-can.

Those nuts can be very confusing when discussed with my family. One grandmother says pee-kahn, one says puh-can. Sometimes I think they're both nuts. ;-)

 
At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:24:00 AM, Blogger The Lily said...

I'm with Tam. That's the way my folks say it. Kind of hybridy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.