Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Nifty adverts: Carteach points out a resource,

"Dadddddy!"
_ _ _
Dig a 911 call, circa 1913. Do you have any doubt that this burglar is plum had?

_ _ _

I'm not quite sure why they portray the Police Positive on the ground in this 1905 advert, but note that the big traw is that it won't be accidentally discharged. Huh. Weird. It goes bang every time you pull the trigger, on purpose.

_ _ _

Smith & Wesson hadn't yet really gotten into the nifty ads, in 1890, like Colt and Winchester had. But their revolvers, they claimed, were "As Perfect A Pistol As Can Possibly Be Made."

_ _ _

Speaking of Winchester, check out this ad in Life magazine in 1911, for their .351 M.1907.

Those were the days.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, October 15, 2007 6:52:00 PM, Blogger Carteach said...

Lol..... looks like you searched all the same terms I did!

 
At Tuesday, October 16, 2007 7:28:00 AM, Blogger Digital Falcon said...

Oh how I wish to have been around to see such time when the ownership of a firearms wasn't just accepted, but actually expected. When a gentleman would not dare be unarmed when going out with a lady, and adds proclaimed the life saving qualities of their use. Ah to have seen such days...

 
At Wednesday, October 17, 2007 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Shard said...

Love the old ads, Matt! BTW, I have one of those Winchester SLRs from the last ad in .32 SLR. It was given to me by my uncle and he actually used it for deer hunting before retiring it.

 
At Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:40:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Sigh... I'd love to have copies of those ads, I'd put them in my cube just to annoy the other cube rats :-)

Thanks for posting them!

 
At Sunday, October 21, 2007 6:58:00 PM, Blogger none said...

Those are great. I have a big stack of 1940's American rifleman with similar ads and find them very interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.