Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

"You're a...!"

Ever notice that I don't ever post graphics that show that I'm a certain book or character or brand of disposable lighter or whatnot?

I don't know why other folks, often very talented and interesting bloggers, want to use such filler.

You've seen 'em-- they're cut-'n'-paste plug-ins that you put up on your blog after having taken a questionable survey. About the only one that I've seen lately that impressed me was one that said how much of a Mauser nut you are. (I took the test, and scored so miserably that I didn't even post it.) But that's quantitative, not qualitative.

You good people on my blogroll, and others that I've forgotten or haven't gotten around to adding-- Please, really reconsider those dang things; they drive me a little nuts.

And on that note (the issue of filling your blog with quality posts), I need to call out some names of delinquent bloggers: Clairebell, Don Gwinn, LawDog, Tamara, Marko, Mom... um, well, I may give John Shirley a pass, but just barely-- Y'all owe me some posts. Get off your butts and give me some content, people!

What am I paying you for, anyway?

12 Comments:

At Saturday, September 01, 2007 4:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huzzah!

It always galls me to open up one of the regular daily reads to see that they're '22% Bolivian Llama' according to the latest linky quickie poll on goobz.com or somewhere obviously not safe for work. Kinda makes my day go a lot slower when there's no interesting commentary, informative dissertation, or snark....oh, wait...I don't have a blog.

Maybe I'll do something about that one of these day.



In the meantime, I like that you don't add any whippy fluffy filler here, Matt. And, while you wait for my blog here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head.

Regards,
Rabbit.

 
At Saturday, September 01, 2007 5:27:00 PM, Blogger 5150Wife said...

Ya' know, I have to agree.

I do like to include pics or graphics in my posts (I think it adds to the 'visual appeal'). But I steer clear of the quizzes, polls and rankings.

I'd much rather spend my time reading a good blog than taking a quiz.

 
At Saturday, September 01, 2007 6:12:00 PM, Blogger Tam said...

Grinding out a long one isn't easy for me; I'm really more of quipper than a writer at heart.

 
At Saturday, September 01, 2007 6:37:00 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

*Pout*

It's not "filler". It's just some fun dumb little thing I do when I run into it and feel like it. Or think it's funny. Or whatever.

Hmph. My blog.

Okay, emerging back from kindergarten now...

 
At Saturday, September 01, 2007 6:57:00 PM, Blogger Constance said...

Matt,
I comment all the time here.

But do you write ? do you call ? do you come visit ? Nooooooooo...

and I don't even have any of those graphic watchamacallits :)

 
At Saturday, September 01, 2007 8:55:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Hey Babs? GitOvahIt! My very last post was a link to your greatness, kid!

5150wife, I also like some visual-- I try to put some pics up when I can. I notice our lady Tam has taken to doing the same, lately. Hey-- we like pics.

Tam-- You notice, of course, that I linked to your Arms Room as needing more entries (though you're getting better, and I expect a Smith tomorrow). Yeah, we gots remarks.

Annie-- you need more guns, knives, and less girly stuff on your blog, for me. I can't be seen reading stuff with floral teacups and roses on it, for goodness' sakes! Where would I park my spare codpiece? I'm just a knuckle-dragging XY troglodyte with hair on his knuckles. And my wife would scowl at me for spending too much documentable time on your other blog, y'dig? Heh.


Hey-- I already mentioned that I'm slow getting stuff up...

 
At Saturday, September 01, 2007 9:34:00 PM, Blogger Vitriolic Virchow said...

You have a SPARE codpiece????

 
At Sunday, September 02, 2007 1:02:00 AM, Blogger Ambulance Driver said...

*sniff*

I like to think I mine those things for their comedic potential. ;)

 
At Sunday, September 02, 2007 10:16:00 AM, Blogger CrankyProf said...

Heh. They're easy to do one-handed, or when I'm nursing Squeaker. So there!

I like to think my long-winded, profanity-laced rants make up for the occasional meme.

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 12:51:00 PM, Blogger shooter said...

What? You don't like the fact that I'm 77% more likely than most to survive the zombie-pocalypse? I really need to work on that, though. Must resist the urge to rescue loved ones across town. Just gonna have to end up shooting them in the head anyway.

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 1:07:00 AM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

Mea Culpa, but thanks for the pass.

(It's only 15 graduate credits , though...I really don't deserve it.)

 
At Tuesday, September 11, 2007 5:41:00 AM, Blogger The Lily said...

You're PAYING me?? If that's the case then you shouldn't be surprised it took me almost two weeks to put something up: where's MAH check??

But seriously? I tried, I just could not put out anything that was flowing. I even tried to recruit my fellow beach goers and they thought I was insane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.