Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Match Results


Well, maybe I didn't do quite as bad on the pistol match portion as I had thought. While I wasn't great, they penalized 10 seconds for misses. Cleaning a stage smoothly can end up scoring you higher than you really thought you would. I managed to rank in the top quarter of the shooters. With pistol, that is.
Uh, with rifle, it was a different story. Thank Gawd for that guy whose new carbine broke down on him, altogether, or I would've been plum last. (Apparently "cool factor" doesn't even merit an asterisk.)
As soon as I've put a year in of shooting matches with my P.D. issue firearms, I think I'll go back to carrying my personal firearms in, and see how I fare:

Old School: Kimber Stainless Classic 1911A1 .45 acp, GM M1 Carbine 1943

Summer, 2004.

Labels:

Add to Technorati Favorites
.