Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

What's in your beer glass tonight, Matt?


Well, I have to say-- in their 98th year of beer-making, the little Spoetzel brewery in Shiner, TX has made a fine new addition to their line, in their new Shiner Bavarian Style Amber. Very tasty. Not a traditional Amber, but the Bavarian yeasts give it a nice European flavor.


And, half an hour before start my interview with Mark on BlogTalkRadio, I'm having a glass of my beloved Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, and thinking about Warren Zevon's B-side hit, "Leave My Monkey Alone."

"...we drank our bitters
While the Empire fell."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Fixit said...

Hey brother,
Can't hear the audio at the station. I emailed a couple of questions to Mark. I'll try to call in and say hi.

Mr Fixit

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 12:22:00 AM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

cool interview! Good beer. Good job.

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 2:08:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

Well. That was a pleasurable chat.

It kind of turned into a roundtable.

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 5:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you said that about the Shiner Amber; I saw it in the case at the corner Stop-N-Rob last weekend and considered getting some. I'll take your word it's god and go ahead and pick some up tonight.

Regards,
Rabbit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.