Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, June 11, 2007

They're getting bigger than horseflies.

The mosquitoes, that is.

Recall all that rain I've been mentioning? (Okay, complaining about.)

Not only does it leave lots of stagnant ditchwater, but it grew deep weeds to hold the moisture and the damned bloodsuckers. Last night I nearly shut down a sobriety test to call the guy a ride, because we were getting eaten up.

While rambling through the long grass in quest for the wiley bull the other night, my citizen helper slapped a mosquito off his neck and muttered "I wonder if we can take off tomorrow for West Nile ?"

"Oh, have they finally made it an official holiday?" I wondered, slapping my own.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:12:00 AM, Blogger DW said...

Hi Mat,
You are offically invited "Down East" to meet the State Bird "mosquito maximus". Stand flat footed and rape a turkey, or so I've heard. Clouds of them, and ours aren't bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.