Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

3.5 hours later...

...I'm out of my blood spatter midterm.

Damn.

Think it's time to go have a Tilsburg Dutch Brown Ale, and decide if this culture fusion in beer is really what's it's cracked up to be. I had one bottle after work, and decided that it tasted like a Belgian mixed with a nut brown. Hmmm. Not sure that I like that.

Heck, I mostly just bought it because the labels have a little tidbit form Hieronymus Bosch's Garden Of Earthly Delights on 'em.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 8:02:00 AM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

The Belgian ales ARE superb, aren't they? Congratulations on surviving blood-spatter.

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:59:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Oh, I've not survived it, yet-- the patient is still alive, but his condition is "guarded."

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:02:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

And this ain't no Belgian, proper. I have a love-hate with Belgians, with their sweet/sour bite and odd yeasts and lactic acids from encouraged bacteria during the fermentation process.

A good Lambic is a joy, and a Dubbel is nice.

But they don't need to be mixed in with a good Anglo-style nut-brown.

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 5:16:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Well, I don't like them all, but I particularly admire Chimay and I love their cheese.

There's a place in Dallas - New Amsterdam Coffee House - which always has at least one Belgian beer on draught. I love the Trippels, though. Yum. Now I'm getting thirsty.

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 8:31:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Dunno if it's still there, but I used to drain glasses at The Old Monk, a coupla blocks east of Central. They had good Belgian beers.

Then there was The Barley House.

Of course, you'll find what you're after at (hat to chest) The Gingerman, too. But that's like saying that the sky is blue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.