Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Whoops!

I just now noticed that I haven't yet linked my online friend Marko's blog.

That is a regretable error on my part. Which I now will rectify.

I first met Marko through Tamara. Best friends and housemates, they both shared a wicked sense of humor as staff on The Firing Line and The High Road.

Marko was born in Germany. He served his country there as a soldier, and moved here for love. Eventually, his love included love of this country. He proudly scanned and presented me and some friends (online) with his copy of his naturalization certificate (it's quite handsome) when he became a bona fide citizen of these United States of America.

Marko is an utter, complete libertarian. When he was laid off during the post 9/11 recession, he didn't even want to take advantage of the unemployment benefits that he had paid for! (He saw it as a product of the nanny government.) Some friends and I pled for him to actually use the insurance that he had paid for all these years.

Marko likes guns. Lately he's stuck on, I believe, 3" K-frame Smiths.

Marko is a superb writer. I'm not educated enough to know how well he writes in German, but his English is simply fantastic. Even when I disagree with him (which happens), I'm impressed by his writing.

Marko is devoted to the little family that he's building, and has a little boy that he takes care of. (Hence the name, "Munchkin Wrangler.") If you're a regular reader of mine, you know that I feel that one of the single biggest problems in this nation-- hell, this world-- is the lack of positive male role models in the lives of boys. (Well, girls too. They need to see what to look for in a man when they grow up.) Men like Marko are a soothing salve to that burning sore spot.

Regular readers will also note that I'm damned glad to have immigrants to this nation that are beneficial to this nation. Marko is a sincere asset to this country. Beyond the fact that he's an educated, independent thinker, he's a devoted family man who is carefully rearing a new crop of good American.

I've never physically met the man, but I've known him for about 7 years online, and I believe that I can call him a friend. If so, I'd do it with pride.

Meet Marko.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Saturday, March 31, 2007 2:41:00 AM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

He-and family, including dogs- are great in person, too. (I loved those dogs!)

 
At Saturday, March 31, 2007 5:01:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gawrsh, Matt...how can one reply to such a generous endorsement?

You and your dad are high up on the short list of people I want to meet soon in real life. Maybe there'll be an opportunity to get us (and the esteemed LawDog) gathered in the same area code in the near future.

I haven't met you in person yet, but I know already that I'd be glad to ride the river with you, friend.

 
At Saturday, March 31, 2007 9:46:00 PM, Blogger LawDog said...

Looking forward to it, Marko.

 
At Sunday, April 01, 2007 6:03:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

Marko, I like to add people that I approve of onto my blogroll. I was simply embarrassed that I've been stealing tastes of your well-written blog so often, without paying it the proper homage. It deserves to be linked better, because more people need to read what you say.

Again, I don't say "ditto, Marko" to anything you write, but I'm for damned sure going to read what you wrote.

(That sounds more contentious than I meant it. I can't think right this second of anything that I vehemently disagree with Marko on. I just don't want to give the impression that I simply subscribe to a writer's views, giving up my own.)

 
At Sunday, April 01, 2007 2:06:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I've known Marko for about 12 years, modem and cable. It's been a privilege and a pleasure. When I finally visited him - after too darn long - it was truly a case of a Friend I'd Not Met Yet.

He is one of the best human beings I know. I'm very much looking forward to hoisting a coldy with him in August once more.

Good People, to the bone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.