Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Where credit is due.

He’s proud, and he’s cantankerous, and he’s bright, and he’s set and his ways, and he’s educated in the estoterica of vintage 20th century guns, Texas history, and law enforcement methods and lore learned from about 4 decades as a cop. He’s my father, and my best friend. He’s laid up in a hospital with a broken hip, fighting pain, nicotine addiction, and restlessness, to heal enough to regain some modicum of self-sufficiency as soon as possible. Remember my old man in your thoughts today, and if you know Johnny personally, drop him a line or two; he’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 10, 2006 11:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt - followed Law Dog's directions to your blog.
Hope that your Dad is better soon.
Keep on writing, you have a great start.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 2:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, I hadn't heard about the hip. Hope Johnny gets to feeling better soon. Maybe he needs to take up chewing to stave off the nicotine fits. How soon before they turn him loose to rehab? I ought to get up y'all's way sometime.

Regards,
Rabbit.

 
At Sunday, October 22, 2006 2:08:00 PM, Blogger LawDog said...

^^^

And this, ladles and germs, is why I have Word Verification turned on for my comments.

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 7:57:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Ah. I'll be looking nto that. Thanks for the tip, LD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.